Focused, Skilled, Determined
Our litigation department handles a wide variety of complex business litigation for individuals, partnerships and corporate clients. We counsel clients to minimize litigation risk. We are trusted advisors and advocates. We know that to effectively advise our clients we must understand their business, culture, and plans for the future. We work closely with our clients from pre-litigation counseling and negotiation through trials and appeals.
Focused, Skilled, Determined
Our litigation department handles a wide variety of complex business litigation for individuals, partnerships and corporate clients. We have been recognized by Law Dragon Top 500 for our “diverse litigation talents” and the New Jersey Law Journal for having “excelled at ‘bet your company’ litigation.”
We counsel clients to minimize litigation risk. We are trusted advisors and advocates. We know that to effectively advise our clients we must understand their business, culture, and plans for the future. We have experience defending and prosecuting a wide range of business disputes in state and federal courts in New Jersey and nationally. We work closely with our clients from pre-litigation counseling and negotiation through trials and appeals.
In a victory that received national attention, we successfully defended a hedge fund and an individual against multi-billion dollar civil racketeering and conspiracy claims. Our attorneys have successfully represented plaintiffs and defendants in partnership dissolutions, claims for breach of contract, fraud, negligent misrepresentation, breach of fiduciary duty, securities and accounting fraud, tortious interference, unfair competition, breach of restrictive covenants, misappropriation of trade secrets, and defense against professional negligence and malpractice. The firm also serves as local counsel or co-counsel to national law firms representing clients in state and Federal Court in New Jersey.
Our representative cases of note include:
- Defending the CEO of a global medical technology company against claims for theft of trade secrets and violation of a non-compete agreement;
- Defending former employees in the telecom sector against claims for theft of trade secrets and violation of their non-compete agreements;
- Defending a foreign corporation in liquidation against a domestic creditor;
- Defending a hedge fund and individual against multi-billion claims for civil RICO, conspiracy, and defamation;
- Defending an international steel company against claims for breach of contract;
- Defending a foreign bank and receiver against allegations of fraud, breach of contract, and breach of fiduciary duty;
- Pursuing claims on behalf of a group of hedge funds for securities fraud, accounting fraud, breach of fiduciary duty, negligent misrepresentation, and fraudulent conveyance against former officers, directors and auditors of a defunct public company.
- Pursuing claims on behalf of a partner in a medical practice for breach of fiduciary duty, fraud, and breach of covenant of good faith and fair dealing;
- Defending a corporate officer against allegations of securities fraud;
- Pursuing claims on behalf of a committee of bond holders for negligent misrepresentation and breach of contract against the issuers of the bonds;
Trade Secret & Employment Litigation
Skoloff & Wolfe attorneys represent plaintiffs and defendants in high-stakes trade secret matters. We take a comprehensive approach on behalf of our clients, working to understand their business, industry, and competitive environment to ensure we achieve the best overall outcome for their dispute.
Fraud and Breach of Fiduciary Duty Litigation
Our attorneys at Skoloff & Wolfe work on behalf of both plaintiffs and defendants in significant matters involving fraud and breach of fiduciary duty. We make sure that we investigate any issue of fraud and work diligently to find the right litigation strategy that will lead to the best result for our clients.