Focused, Skilled, Determined
Our litigation department handles a wide variety of complex business litigation for individuals, partnerships and corporate clients. We have been recognized by Law Dragon Top 500 for our “diverse litigation talents” and the New Jersey Law Journal for having “excelled at ‘bet your company’ litigation.”
We counsel clients to minimize litigation risk. We are trusted advisors and advocates. We know that to effectively advise our clients we must understand their business, culture, and plans for the future. We have experience defending and prosecuting a wide range of business disputes in state and federal courts in New Jersey and nationally. We work closely with our clients from pre-litigation counseling and negotiation through trials and appeals.
In a victory that received national attention, we successfully defended a hedge fund and an individual against multi-billion dollar civil racketeering and conspiracy claims. Our attorneys have successfully represented plaintiffs and defendants in partnership dissolutions, claims for breach of contract, fraud, negligent misrepresentation, breach of fiduciary duty, securities and accounting fraud, tortious interference, unfair competition, breach of restrictive covenants, misappropriation of trade secrets, and defense against professional negligence and malpractice. The firm also serves as local counsel or co-counsel to national law firms representing clients in state and Federal Court in New Jersey.
Our representative cases of note include:
- Defending a hedge fund and individual against multi-billion claims for civil RICO, conspiracy, and defamation;
- Defending an international steel company against claims for breach of contract;
- Defending a foreign bank and receiver against allegations of fraud, breach of contract, and breach of fiduciary duty;
- Pursuing claims on behalf of a group of hedge funds for securities fraud, accounting fraud, breach of fiduciary duty, negligent misrepresentation, and fraudulent conveyance against former officers, directors and auditors of a defunct public company.
- Pursuing claims on behalf of a partner in a medical practice for breach of fiduciary duty, fraud, and breach of covenant of good faith and fair dealing;
- Defending a corporate officer against allegations of securities fraud;
- Pursuing claims on behalf of a committee of bond holders for negligent misrepresentation and breach of contract against the issuers of the bonds;