News & Publications
November 11, 2020: Skoloff and Wolfe partners Beatrice Kandell, Esq. and Thomas DeCataldo, Esq. spoke at the New Jersey State Bar Association's annual Hot Tips in Family Law Seminar. Ms. Kandell and Mr. DeCataldo joined a distinguished panel addressing a virtual audience of over 100 attendees, which included family lawyers, expert witnesses, and matrimonial judges.
October 27, 2020: Judge David J. Issenman (ret.) presented "Major General Andrew Jackson, Federal District Court Judge Dominick Hall and the Great Writ of Habeas Corpus," for the New Jersey Chapter of the American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers (AAML).
September 30, 2020: Thomas J. DeCataldo, Partner at Skoloff & Wolfe, moderated a panel discussion for the Barry Croland Inn of Court, which featured five expert witnesses in the field of family law and two family court judges.
August 4, 2020: Richard F. Iglar, Partner at Skoloff & Wolfe, moderated "Business Valuation in Times of Uncertainty: Impact of COVID-19," by Financial Research Associates for the New Jersey Chapter of the American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers (AAML).
July 29, 2020: David Wolfe, Managing Partner at Skoloff & Wolfe, was featured in the Times of Entrepreneurship article, "Rent May Be The Final Blow For Struggling Small Businesses."
June 23, 2020: Jonathan Wolfe, Managing Partner at Skoloff & Wolfe will be moderating a panel discussion for the ABA, "The Other Side of the Coin: Financial Issues In a Post-COVID World."
June 17, 2020: Bea Kandell, Attorney at Skoloff & Wolfe, will be a panelist on the upcoming ECBA webinar "Divorce, Finances and COVID-19: Moving Matrimonial Cases Forward During a Global Epidemic."
June 17, 2020: Bea Kandell, Attorney at Skoloff & Wolfe, will be moderating a program for Inn of Court on "The Responsibility for Payment of College Expenses."
June 11, 2020: Richard F. Iglar, Partner at Skoloff & Wolfe, was installed as President of the New Jersey Chapter of the American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers (AAML).
March 30, 2020: David Wolfe, Managing Partner at Skoloff & Wolfe, was a panelist on CAPRE's NJ CRE Webinar Series on New Jersey's commercial real estate industries response to COVID-19 and outlook for the rest of 2020.
February 26, 2020: David Wolfe was featured in Bisnow's article, "New Jersey Developers Increasingly Threatened By Property Tax Lawsuits."
February 20, 2020: Iselin, NJ – David Wolfe joined the "Office Financing and Investment Strategy" panel at Bisnow's Office & Workplace of the Future event.
January 25, 2020: New Brunswick, NJ – Jonathan Wolfe was a speaker for "Trusts and Equitable Distribution" at the 2020 New Jersey Family Law Symposium, a leading annual family law conference, presented by the New Jersey Institute for Continuing Legal Education and the New Jersey State Bar Association.
January 9, 2020: New York, NY – David Wolfe joined the "Remaining Competitive in a Tourist Hub" panel at Bisnow's Hospitality Investment, Development & Management Summit.
October 10, 2019: Livingston, NJ – David Wolfe moderated a panel at Bisnow: NJ Multifamily Summit, leading discussion on how New Jersey can maintain a competitive advantage over NY-Metro neighborhoods.
August 8, 2019: Jonathan Wolfe was sworn in as Chair of the American Bar Association Family Law Section in San Francisco.
July 18, 2019: Newark, NJ – David Wolfe moderated a panel at CAPRE’s Newark CRE Summit. Mr. Wolfe lead panelists in a conversation on "The Retail Renaissance & Newark Resurgence," focusing on what is currently drawing new tenants into Newark and the growth of service-oriented retail.
June 27, 2019: The Skoloff & Wolfe Bocce Team participated in the Essex County Bar Association's annual bocce event. Although the team was unable to defend its 2018 title, an enjoyable time was had by all.
June 25, 2019: Kimber Gallo was installed as the Treasurer of the Summit Bar Association.
June 20, 2019: Jersey City, NJ – David Wolfe participated in a panel of experienced Real Estate professionals to analyze Northern New Jersey and Gold Coast development, investment and leasing outlook. The discussion focused on pockets of growth, popular/emerging submarkets, and demographic trends.
June 8, 2019: Richard Iglar was sworn in as President-Elect at the New Jersey Chapter of the American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers Annual Dinner Dance.
May 31, 2019: Trenton, NJ – Skoloff & Wolfe, PC successfully represented Kean University at the Appellate Division. Finding the qualified for a property tax exemption, the Appellate Division ruled that a restaurant on campus constitutes a university purpose.
May 16, 2019: Skoloff & Wolfe attorney Thomas DeCataldo joined a panel of experienced family lawyers and family part judges to lecture on the Use of Expert Witnesses at Trial at the 2019 New Jersey State Bar Annual Retreat in Atlantic City.
May 3-4, 2019: Skoloff & Wolfe attorneys, Richard Iglar and Thomas DeCataldo, participated in the Harvard Law School 2019 Negotiation Seminar for Family Law Lawyers designed for experts in family law.
April 30, 2019: Thomas DeCataldo was installed as a Trustee to the Essex County Bar at the Annual Awards and Installation Dinner. Tom was also presented with the award for the Essex County Outstanding Young Lawyer of the Year.
April 29, 2019: Thomas DeCataldo was honored at the Essex County Bar Association's Annual Installation and Awards Dinner as the association's Outstanding Young Lawyer of the Year. The award is presented to an exemplary young lawyer who embodies the spirit of the Essex legal community and fulfills the charitable and educational mission of the Foundation, serving the needs of junior and senior members alike.
April 23, 2019: Gary Skoloff was a Moderator/Speaker at the 2019 NJSBA Senior Lawyers' Conference providing attendees with strategies leading to happiness, health, and a more enjoyable final chapter in their careers.
April 17, 2019: Jersey City, NJ – David Wolfe moderated a panel on “Value-Add Investments in New Jersey” at Bisnow's Repositioning Summit.
April 16, 2019: Skoloff & Wolfe attorney Thomas DeCataldo was recently certified by the Supreme Court of New Jersey as a Certified Matrimonial Law Attorney.
April 16, 2019: Skoloff and Wolfe attorney, Thomas DeCataldo, was sworn in as a Director in the New Jersey Chapter of the Association of Family and Conciliation Courts, an international custody organization comprised of attorneys, judges, and custody experts.
April 13, 2019: Rick Iglar lectured on the topic of "Taxes and Divorce in 2019 and Beyond" for the AAML New Jersey Chapter's Annual Seminar at the New Jersey Law Center in New Brunswick.
Thomas D. DeCataldo was recognized during National Volunteer Week by the Volunteer Lawyers for Justice where Tom serves as a mentor to staff and volunteer attorneys who are providing advice and counsel on cases. We are proud to support Tom and The Volunteer Lawyers for Justice in their efforts.
March 27, 2019: Hon. David J. Issenman, JSC (ret.) lectured on the topic of Leading Questions at the New Jersey State Bar Family Law Retreat in Aruba.
March 12, 2019: Richard Iglar was named a Fellow of the International Academy of Family Lawyers (IAFL). IAFL is a worldwide association of practicing lawyers who are recognized by their peers as the most experienced and skilled family law specialists in their respective countries.
February 21, 2019: Skoloff & Wolfe attorney Tom Decataldo was invited to serve as a panelist for the Virginia Long Inn of Court in Jersey City. The program addressed the most notable New Jersey Family Law Decisions decided in 2018, and provided an update on recent changes to the Rules of Court.
February 19, 2019: Skoloff & Wolfe attorney Tom DeCataldo reported to the New Jersey State Bar Association's Family Law Executive Committee regarding the recently published Appellate Division decision in Fattore v. Fattore, decided on February 5, 2019. The New Jersey decision follows the United States Supreme Court's landmark holding in Howell v. Howell, which addresses complex legal issues pertaining to conflicts in Federal Law and New Jersey law, the modification of alimony, and the division of military pensions. The Family Law Executive Committee is comprised of retired Family Part and Appellate Division judges, and accomplished New Jersey matrimonial practitioners. Mr. DeCataldo has been a member of the committee since 2015.
February 13, 2019: Jersey City, NJ – David Wolfe was joined by leading investors and developers to lecture on “Industrial & Logistics Outlook 2019” at BisNow New Jersey 2019 State of the Market.
February 5, 2019: Skoloff & Wolfe attorney Tom DeCataldo was invited to lecture over 60 in-house attorneys and legal staff at Prudential on the Divorce Process in New Jersey. Mr. DeCataldo is regularly asked to give similar lectures to the legal departments at several large New Jersey companies, as part of an ongoing relationship with Volunteer Lawyer's for Justice. After training on divorce related legal topics with Mr. DeCataldo, in-house counsel and staff at these organizations provide pro bono legal assistance to indigent residents of Essex and Union Counties. Mr. DeCataldo previously lectured at Prudential in 2017.
November 13, 2018: Jersey City, NJ – David Wolfe provided update on the status of the Jersey City revaluation, significant takeaways, and future implications to over 800 attendees at the 4th Annual Jersey City Summit for Real Estate Investment.
February 14, 2018: NJ Utility Can't Arbitrate Solar Row With Blackstone Unit
March 7, 2017: NJ Utility, Blackstone Energy Unit Had No Contract: Judge
Family & Matrimonial Law
- Settlement Negotiations as Evidence in Contested Custody Disputes: Highly Probative Evidence or an Impermissible Infringement on a Party’s Right to Confidentiality?
- Only the Strong Survive: The Treatment of Survivorship Interests in Divorce
- Social Security and Divorce: Essential Considerations for Family Law Practitioners. 2018 Family Law Symposium Seminar Material.
- “Getting Started with the Divorce: What You Need to be Prepared,” AAML- New Jersey Chapter website, 2018.
- Silver v. Silver: A Decision that Must be Referenced in Every Domestic Violence Trial Under New Jersey’s Prevention of Domestic Violence Act 2016 Hot Tips in Family Law Seminar Material.
- "Time to End the Disparate Treatment of Non-Dissolution Custody Matters," New Jersey Chapter of the American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers Blog
- How a Trust May Impact Your Divorce Case
- Unchartered Territory of Amending Prenuptial Agreements
- Deposition Practice: The New Jersey Experience, American Journal of Family Law
- Avoiding Common Misuses of Financial Experts at Trial, 2015 Hot Tips in Family Law Seminar Material.
- “Divorce and the Family Business,” AAML-New Jersey Chapter website
- How a Trust May Impact Your Divorce Case, ABA Family Advocate
- Quoted in “Palimony Litigants Dispute Whether Writing Requirement is Retroactive,” New Jersey Law Journal
- Retained Earnings: Prudent Business Practice or Support Dodge, New Jersey Law Journal
- Drafting Premarital Agreements, Aspen Publications (2012)
- “Members On The Same Team – Forensic Accountants, Attorneys and Clients,” (co-author) appearing in Divorce: The Accountant as Financial Expert, by Kalman A. Barson, CPA, published by the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- Grandparent Visitation, New Jersey Elder & Disability Law Practice
- Building the Financial Aspects of a Divorce Case: Discovery and Analysis of Hidden Income and Assets
- Prenuptial Agreements: Avoiding the Minefield, New Jersey Law Journal
- Avoiding Deposition Pitfalls, New Jersey Family Lawyer
- The Treatment of Trusts in Divorce
- Quoted in “Recession, Divorce and Home: They Don’t Mix,” SmartMoney Magazine
- The Treatment of Intellectual Property in Divorce, New Jersey Lawyer Magazine
- Analyzing Hidden Assets and Income in Divorce, New Jersey Law Journal
- Protecting Your Business from Divorce, Commerce: The Business of New Jersey
- "The New Secret Weapon: Retroactive Counsel Fees," The New Jersey Law Journal
- "The Rules of Engagement," The New Jersey Law Journal
- Securing a Term Alimony Obligation, New Jersey Law Journal- Family Law
- Critical Considerations in Matrimonial Agreements: Insurance Trusts, New Jersey Lawyer
- The Path of E-Law, 24 Rutgers Computer & Technology Law Journal 1, at 223
- "Depositions – Disaster Planning 101 – The Expert Can Make or Destroy the Case Here – And How to Fix it, if Need Be." NJSCPA Litigation Support/Damages Conference
Property Tax Appeal
- When an 'Error' Presents an Opportunity: The Impact of William L. Collins 1998 Trust v. Borough of Cresskill." Taxation Law Section Newsletter Vol. 34, No. 1
- "Commercial Property Tax Appeals in New Jersey" Commerce Magazine
- "What do New Jersey property owners need to know about Assessor's requests for Income and Expense Information?" in Mid Atlantic Real Estate Journal
- "The Silent Killer: What New Jersey Attorneys Need To Know About Chapter 91" N.S.J.B.A. Taxation Section Newsletter.
- "Current Planning Issues for New Jersey Tax-Exempt Organizations." ICLE Seminar Materials